Thursday, January 27, 2011

Quick Slipcover Sofa Revamp


Can you spy what I’m obsessing about now:

{Design by Kemble Interiors}

{Design by Palmer Weiss}

{Design by Ruthie Sommers}
Of course it’s the borders on the seat backs and sometimes cushions.
Love the crisp square trim on all of the cushions. What a custom look! So easy to recreate the look yourself if you have a slipcovered sofa and want to give it new life!
You could go for a classic square box trim or try your hand at a little fretwork pattern. Since you will be sitting on the sofa I would reinforce the ribbon run it through the sewing machine.
You could also purchase solid colored fabric and have your local tailor/dry cleaners sew on a 2″ square border on each cushion. I can get this town in my town for $20 a cushion. Not bad for a totally new look for your slipcover.
Totally tempted now to try it out on my sofa. Hmm wonder what Jon would think about that? Are you a fan?

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhianna said...

I need that pink sofa!

March 27, 2011 at 8:40 PM  
Anonymous Alexandra Rae said...

I have been very tempted in the past to try this at home. However, I worry that one jean rivet scooted just so and it's all ripped to shreds. But I'm not daunted. I'll let you know.

April 17, 2011 at 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home