Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend Recap: Brooklyn Flea

Hi All,

 



So sorry for the late post today. I had an early meeting with my seamstress at a clients home and just got back a couple of minutes ago. I’m already in love with the chair she is slip covering and I can’t wait to share! This client project was a quick one. We only had 3 weeks to get everything done. Fingers crossed everything arrives, because it needs to be finished by Friday!

 



Back to the weekend though.  Here in NY we had one super sunny and amazing day (Saturday) and then another full of gray clouds and rain, rain and more rain (Sunday).

 



In order to enjoy every bit of the sun I headed to Brooklyn Flea!

 



One of my first stops at Brooklyn Flea is always City Owl Vintage. 

 



I fell in love with those hanging globes! Jon spotted them first and new I would be begging to take them home. The $325 price tag for each one slowly bought me back to planet earth!



brooklynflea 003

 



Of course before I continued getting my interior design fix I needed to get my food fix. I made it over right away to Lindsay's cousins booth:



Salvatore Bklyn to get my favorite sandwich!

 



It was featured in Martha's magazine.



salvatorbklyn

I am a totally chicken and because they were super busy I just paid for my sandwich and ran. Even though I was all talk in the car about how I was going to introduce myself to Linds cousin. Ah next time I’ll get the nerve. She was even the one that helped me and I stayed quiet as a mouse!

 



Of course I needed more food so when my sister Daniela arrived we headed for some Mexican food !



brooklynflea 009

 



Check out the crazy lines at all the food booths. It was instantly. I would have eaten much more if I didn’t have to wait on those lines.



brooklynflea 008

 



There was vintage furniture as far as the  eye could see!



brooklynflea 011

 



This booth was filled with industrial stools:



brooklynflea 013 

<

Plus industrial medical carts:



brooklynflea 015

I swear I spotted this chair at one of my local haunts for $20. The sides are made of metal and form a Z. I wanted to grab then when I saw them, but I didn’t have a use for them at the moment so they stayed put. I guess a vendor must go to the same haunt as me.



brooklynflea 017 



Feel in love with those Bamboo chairs, but one had a small hole in the cane seat so I walked away. They were going for $75 for the pair. Kinda mad that I didn’t pick them up, but what can I do.



brooklynflea 019 



These letters were a huge hit. You kept bumping into people walking around with them.



brooklynflea 020 



More vintage finds. I loved these old milk bottles.



brooklynflea 022 

Old cabinets being used as planters.

brooklynflea 023

A lovely set of eight chairs!

brooklynflea 026 



Tons of tables filled with vintage glassware.



brooklynflea 031

 



This booth had pretty stuff, but again way too expensive. That ottoman was $400 bucks!



brooklynflea 033 



I did love the rick-racking they used on their tents plus that bed full of toss pillows! 



brooklynflea 010

 



While I find the flea to be a bit pricey. Everything is “vintage” which just equates to expensive. It is fun to walk around and check everything out. Plus there are tons of baked goods booth so you can satisfy your sweet tooth as you shop.

 



Sunday was spent indoors working on a Photoshop class I’m taking and I’m not going to lie a nap or two was taken.

 



What did you guys do? I can’t believe I didn’t work on any home projects, but sometimes it’s nice to take a little break!

 



xoxo,



Camila

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

Blogger Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

What a great flea market. $75 for a pair of cane chairs!

Hope all goes well w your project too!

xo,
cristin

April 26, 2010 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Now that looks like fun...I want those two cane chairs...lovely.

Best,
Michelle

April 26, 2010 at 3:09 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

*crying over here*

I NEED that industrial cart, a couple of those metal stools and those bamboo chairs. LOVE them all. So jealous.

April 26, 2010 at 3:24 PM  
Blogger Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

How fun! I would love to go! Pretty day!

April 26, 2010 at 3:39 PM  
Blogger Kelle Dame said...

I am so jealous! We have nothing as cool around here! I want that floral foot stool!

April 26, 2010 at 3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a good day at the flea! I'm in brooklyn all the time and have never been, I have to hit it up sometime!

April 26, 2010 at 3:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such a cool flea markey - that ottoman was so cool, but way over priced. I also like the Z chairs you spotted, nice

April 26, 2010 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger Tammy@InStitches said...

I can't believe you didn't get the bamboo chairs ! They were great.

April 26, 2010 at 5:11 PM  
Blogger ashlina {the decorista} said...

wow. that just looks like tons o' fun! wish i lived in nyc right about now.
happy monday doll. xo

April 26, 2010 at 5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the Flea the weekend it opened - lots of fun stuff! I've been meaning to put up a post of pics but haven't had time. I had the pizza with Salvatore Brooklyn ricotta on it and it was to die for! No purchases for me either!

April 26, 2010 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger stylewannabee said...

boy do i have a mirrored wall for you (from last week) i will have to take a picture and send it to you for ideas as we can't figure out how to get the mirror off the wall. I did nothing this weekend.

April 26, 2010 at 6:04 PM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

what a great weekend Camilla!!

April 26, 2010 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

i cannot wait to go there when i'm in NY next!

April 26, 2010 at 8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i wouldve snagged those bamboo chairs FO SHO

April 26, 2010 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger RB Interiors said...

Oh my goodness! Please take me with you next time. I die over those cane chairs as well as some vintage milk glasses. I went to Chelsea Flea with Eddie Ross, but I think you might have had better luck.

April 26, 2010 at 9:29 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

haha, this is such a cute post! You totally should have said hi- she is the sweetest!! But, honestly I do the same thing all the time, it'
s ok.

I'll be there this weekend- I cant wait to see all these fun things!

April 26, 2010 at 10:17 PM  
Blogger Scientific Housewife said...

Looks like fun!

April 27, 2010 at 7:52 AM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

So fun. Looks like lots of great things- too bad it was all a little high in the price category!

April 27, 2010 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger Pink Wallpaper said...

looks like such fun...would love to be able to go one day!!

April 27, 2010 at 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

Ohhh! It has moved outside again! I went in the winter when it was in that bank, which was cool...Mostly because that bank building is so beautiful, but I bet it is SO much better outside!

April 27, 2010 at 10:58 AM  
Blogger Punctuation Mark said...

i really love flea markets... they are the best places to find treasures!

April 27, 2010 at 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home