Thursday, January 28, 2010

Look for less: Chase Booth Bathroom

Since we’ve already gone over a bedroom,dining/living area combo and a kitchen revamp I thought it was fitting to go with a bathroom today that won’t break the bank on the official day that all the Domino’s fell (a tear).



Chase Booth’s {Domino Set Producer} Bathroom:



chaseboothbathroom



I think this bathroom has so many great bones that be can tweaked and customized to a bathroom in your own home.



I know many people complain about having a new construction home without any charm and character. Adding bead board/wainscot/tongue and grove like in the image above is a good way to make your home look a little different.



On a budget I would head to my local Lowes and pick up some bead board paintable wallpaper! One roll covers 56 sq ft and is only $14.97.



Graham & Brown Beadboard Paintable Wallpaper



To achieve that amazingly chocolate brown look I would pick up some Benjamin Moore Clinton Brown.





I have it in my living room and I love it! It’s just dark enough without being too overwhelming.



Copy of DSC02944



Now on to the floor!



For a look very similar to penny tiles I would go for these: They are available at Home Depot. I can’t seem to find them online, but I saw them the last time I was there and are around $2.50 a sq ft.



high-heels 010



If you heart is set on penny tiles then for some additional pennies I would get these:





At $4.95 a sq ft this is the cheapest option I’ve been able to find. If you have a great source with a better price please share!



Of course since we are in the bathroom we can’t forget about the sink.



For $199.00 you can pick this up:





If you don’t mind what shape your pedestal base and sink have then there are many more options available at local Home Depots and Lowes that are cheaper and cash and carry so now delivery fees for online orders.



I love the contrast of light and dark in this room. To add to the white Chase went with a classic subway tile for the shower.



For 24 cents a tile you can get you a subway tiled shower. I used them in my kitchen and love them! Yes, we see them a lot in design, but I think it’s a classic and in no way a trend.



kitchen 013



The shower curtain was one of the first things that screamed out me for my Look for Less look. The texture and color in the shower curtain above reminded me of DROP CLOTHS of course!



I used them myself for window treatments with my own custom window hardware. Check out the DIY here to modify for a shower curtain.

DSC02712



For the lighting I would switch it up just a little bit and go for one of these:

410030410032



They are from DK LIVING a to the trade company and run from $85-$120. If you are interested in a to the trade product remember you can order items through me!



Another option from DK LIVING that I enjoy is this:

430013410098

This is more budget friendly and come in at around $40.



Mirror, mirror on the wall. If you live by the beach and have an ample supply of drift wood then this is a super easy DIY project. I would search local thrift stores for a mirror I like and then go to town with my drift and glue gun. Voila you are totally finished.



Now if you don’t have driftwood for free we run into a snag. In my research purchasing driftwood online tends to get pricey so lets tweak things a bit and get some ok probably a lot of bare branches from outside. After a quick white wash on them. Just mix some left over white paint with water and brush away to get the branches a lighter shade we are back to simply gluing away to get the look we require!



If you don’t have an ample supply of thrift stores near you full or mirrors that you can re-vamp you can find options at TJ MAXX, Marshalls, Home Goods, and online JCPENNEY has great picks such as this and this.



If you have room in your bathroom for a stool. I would go for something like this:



It’s teak, which is the same material Chase used, but on a budget for around $40-$60 on ebay.



I would then hit my local home stores and scour the clearance aisles for additional accessories.



This is a total budget re-vamp that would be very easy to recreate. If you are not feeling darling enough to do it in a main bathroom it would add a great bit of charm to a half bath!



I’m so happy every one is enjoying the LOOK for LESS. If you need any help decorating help in your own home or know anyone who does I’m available to help either virtually or in the NY area! Reach me at cpavone0107@gmail.com



businesscardfront_thumb[1]



*Just got in last night from Costa Rica. We had a blast! I will post pictures this weekend. Just trying to get back on track with work! If you emailed me while I was gone I will get back to you by this evening.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Dweller-Carly said...

I agree with wallpaper. It can really be an easy (and cheap!) way to revamp a room. I've used wallpaper to line the back of bookshelves to give them a pop.

January 28, 2010 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Scientific Housewife said...

What an intriguing mirror. Great bathroom :)

January 28, 2010 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We used the oct-and-dot tile you referred to as an alternative to the penny tile in our powder room. We got ours at Lowes and if I remember correctly it was right around $2.00 a square foot (definitely less than HD). It isn't on the web site but they had it in the store.

January 28, 2010 at 1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that color! Clinton Brown? I just got some great ideas! thanks!

January 28, 2010 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

That's a hell of a mirror. Wow. I'd give anything to have a bathroom bigger than 5'x 3'...
__
Barbara
http://ifididnthaveasenseofhumor.blogspot.com

January 28, 2010 at 2:55 PM  
Blogger Averill said...

Great job recreating this bathroom on a budget!

Do you know how easy it is to swap out a sink like that? I have a hideous "cultured marble" sink in my powder room and I'd love to change it out, even if it's just with a basic porcelain model.

January 28, 2010 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

you are hitting some of my favs with this little series! very fun!

January 28, 2010 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger A Perfect Gray said...

Great post! Thanks!

January 28, 2010 at 4:03 PM  
Blogger Dumbwit Tellher said...

Great, helpful post Camila. All your choices to recreate this look are terrific. Appreciate too knowing we can purchase 'to the trade' items through you. Welcome back from Costa Rica & happy to know you had a great time. All my best x deb

January 28, 2010 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger MFAMB said...

love that bathroom. i used it as inspiration in my old house. well, the color anyway.
welcome home!!

January 28, 2010 at 4:11 PM  
Blogger CLAIRE WATKINS, ASID ALLIED said...

You're da bomb! Love the texture of the beadboard wall paper! How very clever- I have seen a similar idea for ceiling tiles, but not wallpaper! Nice!

January 28, 2010 at 5:04 PM  
Blogger Dayka Robinson said...

What I REALLY want to know is where you got those cute shoes!! LOVE them!

Glad you both had fun on the trip and made it back safely!

January 29, 2010 at 3:07 AM  
Blogger GP CUPCAKE said...

I used the black and white tiles in our 1920's bathroom as a quick fix when it was on the market. It turned out great! I had to drive to several Home Depots because they were discontinued in our area, but it was worth it. We did them in a random pattern and it was perfect to keep with the 1920's styling.

January 29, 2010 at 9:06 AM  
Blogger Living It At Home said...

Thank you for this inspiration. I cannot stand my bathroom! I will definately tackle it and be more open minded with what can be done with it.

Have a great weekend!
~jamilyn

January 29, 2010 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger Revival said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you! We just bought a new house that needs to be totally gutted and I've been looking for these exact ideas for inspiration. You rock!!

Now, could you please send us some Costa Rica weather? This is brutal.

January 29, 2010 at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home