Friday, July 10, 2009

IN HER SHOES: COCO & KELLEY

The latest lady to be featured in the In her shoes series really does not need an introduction.



I don’t remember exactly how I found Cassandra’s amazing blog, but I’m so happy I did, because I’ve never left.



She quite the source for design knowledge and information, drop dead gorgeous eye candy, and just has a way of showing her fabulous personality to all of her readers. With all of her know how she merges the world of interiors, events and fashion into a seamless ball of perfection.



Too good to be true, right? Nope she really is that amazing, funny, smart, stylish person you feel coming out of her blog. Not only that, but she is insanely sweet and even though I know she is crazy busy she never hesitates when I bug her with a small business question.



So without further ado please sit back, relax and enjoy a day in the life of Cassandra of Coco & Kelley.



ck_banner_7_6_09



6:30am: Alarm goes off, the boy gets out of bed, I sleep another hour :)



7:30am: Get up and... surprise! Blog blog blog! MUST have a latte or coffee and breakfast because once I park myself in front of the laptop, I'm there for a good few hours at least. I do all my posts for the day, answer what always feels like a bajillion emails (more like 20) and make my to-do list. I'm also working on making it through all the 2010 Resort Collections to file away my favorites.



cassbreakfast



9:20am: Start checking things off my to-do list, like packing up some ">etsy items to ship.

cassetsy



10:00am: Realize I have a client meeting in an hour and take the fastest shower ever.



11:00am: Head over to my latest client's home. She has just moved back to Seattle from Arkansas, and we're working on fitting her current pieces into the new home, while filling in the holes and ordering curtains for EVERY ROOM in the house!



client meeting



12:30: Leave client's house, pick up some more coffee and head to the design center!




1:45pm: One of my favorite showrooms. I'm instantly in love with this wallpaper. I spend a good hour or two combing through options for every room in the house (a simple orange pattern for the guest room, yellow and taupe for the dining room, stripes with a subtle blue in the living room…)



cassdesigncenter



1:50pm: Have I mentioned I obsessively check my blackberry for blog comments and emails to try and keep up with it all while designing houses in my head? Obsessively. It's a horrible addiction.



2:50pm: Leave design center with many samples in hand and realize I'm starving. No lunch and it's nearly 3? Typical.



3:00pm: Sitting in horrible Seattle traffic - cranky and wishing I had thrown trail mix in my purse. Down an entire bottle of water hoping to quiet my growling stomach.



3:40pm: Arrive at Ikea. It's on the way home and I need to check out some ideas for a wedding reception I'm designing. Totally fall in love with these woven bags filled with soft beach glass. Perhaps an easy wedding favor? Definitely a decor option...



cassik



3:50pm: Get distracted by Ikea furniture. Stop stop stop!



4:10pm: Back on the road and headed home!



4:45pm: Hit my favorite local grocery to load up on nibbles. Our favorite dinner is a big spread of cheeses, fruits and meats... with plenty of wine of course!



4:40pm: HOME! Hop back on the laptop and (guiltily) myself a glass of wine while I wait for the boy to get home. (And, yes, I dive into some of the cheese too...) Answer more emails, plan some posts out, and pick up around the house a bit. These days I am constantly unpacking, moving things around, and settling into our new place, so this it's a constant distraction for me!



cassdinner



5:35pm: Ben gets home and we settle in on the couch to enjoy an early dinner that we'll probably snack on all night. Turn on the Mariners game, and RELAX for a few hours! By far my favorite part of the day - I love hearing what my better half has been up to at work, and he always wants to know about my day even though he doesn't understand a word of what I'm saying when it comes to design!



8:20pm: I inevitably turn the laptop on one more time to check the last emails for the day, put up the early morning post for the blog, and work on making any edits or updates to the website. Finally, I get the eye roll from the boy and turn it off. Time to unplug for the rest of the night!



11:00pm: LIGHTS OUT! While, I've had many more exciting days, this one has been fairly typical, running from one place to the other and wondering where the day has gone when there's so much left to do! Tomorrow? I'll do it all over again. And I wouldn't have it any other way.


__________________________________________________



I hope you all enjoyed reading up on Cassandra’s life. I had a lot of fun reading it and realizing that we have somewhat similar days. My days always seem to get away from me as well.



I hope you all have a lovely weekend. I’m off to go paint something else white. I’m so not kidding. I found an amazing chair on a recent excursion out during garbage night (don’t judge) and it just needs a little TLC, which in my eyes is white paint!



xoxo,



Camila

Labels:

30 Comments:

Blogger Jess Constable said...

This was awesome! It's so neat to peek into Cassandra's life! I would love to try her dinner with my guy as well.

Thanks!

July 10, 2009 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Sarah's Fab Day said...

I love this series, it's so fun.

July 10, 2009 at 11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I tell you every time but I love this series. Cassandra and her blog are awesome. Happy weekend, Camila!

July 10, 2009 at 12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH I LOVE COCO & KELLEY!!!! Awesome "In her Shoes"! Thanks Camila!!!!

July 10, 2009 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger california dreaming said...

what a great article - I really enjoyed hearing about a 'typical' day for Cassandra

July 10, 2009 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger Jill GG said...

What a perfect day! I love it... now I am off to plan a wine/cheese/nibbler dinner for my husband and I. Yum...

July 10, 2009 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger cassandra said...

thank you so much for featuring me girl (and being so patient in waiting for me to finally get it DONE!!!) xoxo

July 10, 2009 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger Kosmopolight said...

I always find "day in the life" articles really interesting, and I'm a fan of Cassandra's blog so this was a treat. Great idea for a series! I'm excited to read more.

xo,
Kelley

July 10, 2009 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

oh my goodness- her meat/ cheese platter looked so good!!! and i have to be honest i am VERY jealous about the wine at not even halfway through my pregnancy....

hahahah
xoxo

July 10, 2009 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger Peck Avenue said...

such a great series, and actually inspiring to me. hopefully one day ill get spend my days the same way :)

July 10, 2009 at 1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just adore cassandra. love it.

July 10, 2009 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger TheBeautyFile said...

I love both of your blogs and read them everyday!! I love her day...so relieved to know I am not the only person obsessively checking blog comments!!! Have a great weekend guys!!

July 10, 2009 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger RLG said...

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. xoxo

July 10, 2009 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger nelya said...

Oh, that was so fun...I'd love to step into her shoes for a day. Thanks for sharing, Camila and have a wonderful weekend.

July 10, 2009 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger Carrie Nicole said...

YAY Cass! I love this series, I think people are always curious how a typical day in the life of someone else is spent. FABU!

Thanks Camila!

July 10, 2009 at 3:29 PM  
Blogger Maureen Stevens said...

awesome!thanks for featuring her, i've always wondered what her day was like...love it!

July 10, 2009 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Rebecca June | Sea Island Drive said...

I just found your blog and I am addicted already!

If you ever have a moment check mine out!

www.rebecca-june.blogspot.com

xoxo

Rebecca June

July 11, 2009 at 1:47 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

great feature and i'm impressed with the quick ikea trip. i always get way sucked in and it's bad news.
her dinner looks yummy too, i think b and i may have to do this soon.

July 11, 2009 at 8:37 AM  
Blogger Dumbwit Tellher said...

Great post Camila. Cassandra is a talented woman & terrific blogger. Plus - she's a Seattlite! Very fun :D

Happy weekend ~

July 11, 2009 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger the Folding chair said...

Greetings from Norway.
Fun reading, cool blog!

July 11, 2009 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I love love love this series!!! Cassandra is adorable!! Thanks!!

July 11, 2009 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Incredibly wonderful busy day!

July 11, 2009 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger Lauren Jade said...

I love these posts!!! :D and i wish I could live a day with her! :) fabulous. :D

July 12, 2009 at 5:31 PM  
Blogger Kate Riley said...

Cassandra is lovely, with amazing taste. I'm a big Coco + Kelley fan. She and I are on the same page with cheese and wine. Yum. That makes the best meal anytime !

July 12, 2009 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger Blair Friedeman said...

Oh, love this series so much (if I haven't already mentioned it!) and such a treat to see inside Casandra's little world! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

July 12, 2009 at 11:33 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

What a fun day she had! I wish I could get up that late and hang out at home for all that time- sounds wonderful :)

July 13, 2009 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I love Cassandra too! And this series is just too neat! Love it!

July 13, 2009 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger alison giese Interiors said...

What? No shoes pic? ;)

July 13, 2009 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger paula said...

great post. what a yummy dinner too.

July 13, 2009 at 4:15 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

loved this. i love seeing behind the scenes!

July 15, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home