Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Breaking Bread

Launching your own business takes many, many, many hours of work. I’m now fully enjoying being home full-time and having lots of time to work on it all. I’ve spent my days working on the blog in the mornings and then move my attention to Effortless Style and my endless to-do lists. Right now I’m just trying to finish up all the rooms in my house in order to get them picture perfect. In trying to do this one project always turns into 5 more so it’s coming along slowly. Ok enough shop talk this post is about something else.

Now that I’m working from home I’m no longer a clock watcher and before I know it it’s past 6pm and I haven’t done a thing about dinner. Lucky for me my husband doesn’t mind take-out, but in the hopes of trying to save some money I settled down this evening to watch today’s episode of Oprah .

The episode today featured a couple celebrity chefs that spent 2 days at a viewers home and showed them how to shop at the market and then how to make some inexpensive meals for your family.  All of the recipes are featured here. 

So the recipes got me all excited and I’ll be sure to try to them, but  that was not my favorite part of the episode. Instead of paying all of my attention to what they were talking about my eyes were on the set.  On set was House Beautiful's 2008 Kitchen of the Year. Ok so I’m a little behind on the times and I’m totally surprised I hadn’t ripped this out of my magazine and filed it away. 

Here are some lovely shots of the kitchen:

hb kitchen hb kitchen 4

hb kitchen 2 hb kitchen 3

At first I was a little thrown by the mix of the natural wood and white, but in the end I decided that I loved the mix. It really updates the look of the kitchen yet helps it look like an older piece that is full of character. The attention to detail was superb with amazing hinges that looked like they came off a vintage icebox along with draws labeled for your staple items like a bread drawer.

To top off my adoration even more I found out that the master mind behind this beauty was Christopher Peacock.  My main reason for excitement due to this is that my last name, which is Pavone means Peacock in Italian. Ever since I discovered this I’ve been a bit obsessed with them and feel a kinship with others that have a similar connection to the animal.

All this talk about food and kitchen has this lady hungry. Lucky lady that I am I will be able to satisfy this quench soon, because I’m meeting a fellow blogger today for lunch.

Oh who could it be? I’ll be sure to post my mystery lunch date upon my return.

6 Comments:

Blogger Under a Green Roof said...

that bread looks so yummy! Thanks for the link to these good (and cheap!) recipes!!!

March 12, 2009 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

LOVE that kitchen & somehow must have missed in in my move?!!!! oh no!! glad you posted it!!
have fun at lunch today!!
xoxo

March 12, 2009 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger Nicki's Notebook said...

that bread looks soooooo good! xx

March 12, 2009 at 12:59 PM  
Blogger Maria Killam said...

I wish I had that House Beautiful issue (is it current?) I loved last years kitchen so much (I think it was last year) I posted about it as well.

You are such an entertaining post writer :)

March 12, 2009 at 9:21 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

Love the kitchen! I am glad you are enjoying working from home!

March 13, 2009 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Julie at Belle Vivir said...

Love that kitchen and the baguettes. Ha ha lovely blog.

March 16, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home