Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Weekend Get-away

As you can see vacations are on my brain. I'm itching to go somewhere and while I would love to go across the pond and visit with Kelly Hoppen and take part in her awesome design school it's not gonna happen any time soon.

My latest travel fascination is Nantucket! My 3rd year wedding anniversary is coming up in January (Yes I'm nutty and I got married in the oh so cold winter) and I'm thinking that instead of buying each other gifts we should head out of town for a long weekend.

How amazing is this new hotel, VERANDA HOUSE in Nantucket?









In finding this gem I was introduced to the work of Boston designer, Rachel Reider. AMAZING! I bow down to her. Everything she does is exactly my design style. I would feel completely at home with any of the rooms she has designed.

Here is a peek of some of her residential work:









Don't you want to make her your new best friend?

Beautiful work!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Camila,

definitely need to do the getaway for the anniversary!! :) beautiful rooms & especially love rachel's backsplash!!

Have a very merry Christmas & I'll talk to you soon!!! xoxo

December 23, 2008 at 10:40 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I hope you end up going on that weekend end getaway! Nantucket is my favorite, I used to go on vacation there everysummer as a kid, now I dont go as much- but its def. one of my favs!

Have a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!!

December 24, 2008 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger No.35style said...

Nantucket sounds wonderful! I LOVE those wall sconces in the bedroom picture!!

December 24, 2008 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger 72 and sunny said...

happy holidays camilla!

December 24, 2008 at 7:23 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

Fabulous! Oh I want to go!!! Great post!

December 29, 2008 at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home