Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oh hey girl

I've been trying to write this post since yesterday, but with all of these great posts to read from my Blog Roll ( aka my best friends who just don't know it yet) I have yet to finish it. My latest distraction is due to Patricia at PVE DESIGN.

How is a girl suppose to concentrate on writing a post when I am shown a fabulous pic of Lucite rings from Faboolosity that Patricia got to receive during her lunch date yesterday. I must figure out how to get that ring off of Pat and on to my finger.



So, now back to the scheduled program.

Lately the colors red and blue have been in my mind. Perhaps due to the debates, but in my head I'm thinking more tomato red and a turquoise type blue together. I was literally tossing and turning all night thinking about how great this look would go in my bedroom. I'm in the process of using bits and touches in my bedroom redo (pictures to come) I was even more excited about the color combo when I saw Reese's latest spread in Vogue.



I always feel that the fashion world and the home design world tend to go hand in hand. I love the mix of the black and white dress with the blue background and the red piece of artwork make for great eye candy. I would love to design a room inspired by this image.

Lo and behold that I come home later on that day and I see that I received my InStyle magazine. I was a very happy girl as I got into my bed and began to devour my new mag.

I was thrilled when I spotted this spread that had both touches of my latest color obsession along with Peacock wall art. (My last name means Peacock in Italian and I've become quite a bit attached to the little fellas now)


Much thanks to Courtney for helping me get my scanned image onto this post.

What got me even more excited was that with a closer look I realized that this layout was done by Courtney at Style Court! I've been a lurker to Courtney's blog for sometime, but when I saw her name in the magazine. I felt like a proud momma. I was so happy for her achievement and I loved what I saw. It's so wonderful to see fellow bloggers get credited in the outside world.

Congrats Court!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

definitely agree that fashion and design trends mesh and go hand in hand.

Also, I decorated our master bedroom in Tiffany blue/silver/white and dark wood ...I love it...it's really soothing ...no red accents though but I do love those two colors together.

What's interesting is, I actually used those two hues {with less saturation & more washed out} in the banner ...lol. It's what I saw when I thought of you. That's crazy!

October 22, 2008 at 2:55 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I love that Courtney from Style Court did that spread - what great press for her! And what a great job she did.

I, too, am a lover of turq and red. So poppy and fresh!

Also...ummm you did NOT need to give me props for helping you with that photo. As if! :)

October 22, 2008 at 4:41 PM  
Blogger Style Court said...

Camila -- you are so kind!

I appreciate your sweet words and mostly I'm glad you like the InStyle finds. Turquoise and red are such a nice combination. Cool connection with your last name and the peacocks.

Courtney and Camila, thanks for noticing!

October 23, 2008 at 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home